Last weekend the Book Festival was in town!!
Every year these little white tents line the Monument and the parks around it during the last weekend of September. Each little white tent holds a publisher or a local bookstore or maybe a local organization or charity. The point is, they all have books for sale!!
The prices are ridiculously cheap too--majority of the books are less than $10.
There are numerous speakers as well on everything from children's books to cooking to anarchist literature. No seriously--I listened to a speaker on anarchist literature for a few minutes. What can I say? She caught my attention.
There was a train for the little ones:
There were people in costumes running around the fair as well. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a shot of Mother Goose but it wasn't for lack of trying! Instead, I did catch a shot of some folks promoting Enoch Pratt Free Library, which is right across the street from my church.
Oh and these flowers were just gorgeous, even if they weren't part of the festival:
I must say, the highlight of the whole thing was that I finally got to go into Peabody Library. Y'all. If you're ever in Baltimore: GO TO PEABODY.
These ones obviously were not out on display; these are just their regular stacks. But they were pretty amazing too.
I mean, the skylight, the marble, the columns, the wrought iron, the books, the smell of old books. I can't even... Oh goodness it was like heaven in there.
What can I say? I'm just a huge nerd at heart.
And I'm totally okay with that.








No comments:
Post a Comment