Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[the list]

Since I didn't do anything interesting last night, I thought instead I would share a list of things that I'm enjoying in my life right now.

1. Bump app.
iPhone users, get Bump! It's the easiest way to move photos from your phone to your computer. And let's be honest, since I boxed up my camera over a week ago in a fit of blinding packing fury I've been taking all my photos with Ginger. I KNOW. I'm terrible. But like I said: blinding packing fury. I wasn't really thinking and before I knew it, my Canon was in a box and that box was nestled amongst so many other bags and boxes in a way that makes it near impossible to access.

Anyways. Back to Bump.
Screen shot of the app on Ginger

Bump has this feature that allows you to "bump" photos to your computer. You select them in the app, then go to https://bu.mp on your computer. Gently tap your phone on the spacebar and then click connect on your phone once the phone and computer find each other. And voila! Your cell phone photos are now on your computer! You can download all of them, grab the link to the Bump gallery or share them on Facebook. Super simple.

2. Packing.
Okay so maybe I'm not actually enjoying this one so much. Take yesterday for example. I've made myself a schedule for this move. If I adhere to my schedule I will have a stress free move. Well maybe not stress free. But as close to stress free as I can get. Yesterday the LAST thing I wanted to do was pack. Sadly that was all I had planned for the day. I had to get it done: with plans to go to restaurant week today and tomorrow and the big move on Saturday it's crucial that I stay on track. So I turned on the Olympics and got to work. And by got to work, I meant angrily tossed things around, pouting like a 5 year old about how I did NOT want to pack another thing. Nevertheless I did pack more things...

...including Mugsy. Poor Mugsy's been buried in boxes for a week now. He's none too pleased with his new arrangement but I keep telling him it's only temporary. Turns out Beta fish don't really listen that well.

3. Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
Last night I wanted to read a little something before bed. But like my Canon, all my books had already been packed away. Thankfully my Kindle (seriously I would be so lost without technology) has yet to be packed. I browsed the selection of books already on it and came across Pursuit of God. I started reading it again. I'm only one chapter in but I can already tell this is going to be a good read.

4. Baylor.
Yup. Just Baylor in general. We've been EVERYWHERE lately. RGIII is in a Subway commercial. A Baylor sweatshirt was one of the featured schools in an ad (see the picture below). Three years ago, Baylor was popular but not really outside of Texas and the surrounding states. Seven years ago, people looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I would be attending Baylor in the fall. But now, no matter where in this country I am people know Baylor. We've come a long way in a short amount of time and I must say, I am proud to be a Baylor Bear!

5. Cleaning out my fridge.
While this may not sound fun, it actually has proven to be quite entertaining. Since I'm moving on Saturday I decided against buying more groceries last week. Instead, I'm trying to eat my way through what I have left. Turns out, this requires a great deal of creativity. There's something challenging about trying to take leftover ingredients and turn them into a meal. This morning I brought stewed cherries, baked ricotta and homemade bread to work for breakfast. So yummy!


6. Finding ways to keep things fresh.
Okay so this one requires a bit of explaining and doesn't have a picture. First though, I have a confession. I cancelled my Weight Watchers account. I feel sad about the loss, but right now I need to be focused on saving money; I'll be taking two months off from work to study for the Bar so I need to pinch some pennies in preparation. I kind of feel like a squirrel getting ready for winter. I decided to take a different approach to weight loss. Right now I'm focusing on not only what I eat, but when I eat it. I know it sounds weird. But I have this tendency to snack constantly. By recording what time I eat something, I'm becoming more aware of the fact that maybe I'm not really physically hungry. Maybe I'm just bored. For example, thirty minutes after lunch I probably don't need anything else to eat. It's making me far more cognizant of my eating habits, which I believe is absolutely crucial to weight loss. Plus it's just fun to devise new ways to go about things :)

Enjoy the Olympics tonight and I'll be back tomorrow with another restaurant week post!

1 comment:

  1. OK so the BUMP thing is really cool!! I just tried it and love it!! Hooray for my children and they knowledge of technology!! Hooray!!

    Love you mom!!

    ReplyDelete