Tuesday, July 31, 2012

[diamond tavern]

Y'all.

Restaurant week is spoiling me rotten.

Seriously.

Last night was Diamond Tavern with a few friends from law school and one non-law school friend.

For starters, we ordered some drinks to accompany our bread basket:
During restaurant week, participating restaurants will create a three course dinner menu. There are multiple selections for each category. We ended up getting a variety of options and passing plates around, trading a bite for a bite.


For my appetizer I went with the flatbread and hummus. Sadly I forgot to snap a photo of it. I can tell you though that it was delicious. Honestly, this was some of the best hummus I've had in a while; it had the perfect balance of lemon and garlic. Roasted red peppers, feta, and strips of basil made the perfect topping for my hummus.


Next up was the main course! Three of us ordered the flat iron steak with salsa verde. Three of us were also pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to New York strip steaks for the same price. The fourth member has shrimp & grits, which were sinfully delicious. My friends kept teasing me because I was making happy faces while I ate. But with something so good, how could you not express your happiness?


And that's just the thing, I love food just as much as I did before. I just love it differently now. I actually taste my food, savoring the different flavors and textures. I love food for what it is, and not for how it fills some sort of hole in my heart. Because honestly it doesn't anymore. Sure it makes me happy, but it makes me happy in the way that sprinkles on a cupcake make me happy. They're not the meat of the thing, they're just this nice little extra that makes it more beautiful and more enjoyable.



Kind of like the caramel drizzled on the plate around my caramel apple pie last night.

Dinner tonight?? The other half of my steak and all of my steak fries because I totally only took one bite of one of them last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment