Sunday, July 15, 2012

[rancid]

Did you know that flour can go bad? Because it can.

Yesterday I went to make this lovely recipe:




I'm all about making things from scratch these days. I've got a loaf of bread in the oven as we speak and I've been using homemade toothpaste all week. So when I saw a recipe for a single-serve cookie on Pinterest I thought it was the perfect way to have a cookie without baking a dozen that would just lie around and tempt me or buying pre-made ones filled with who-knows-what.

I opened my flour canister to make myself a cookie and was greeted by a funky smell. I shrugged and used it anyways.

Bad idea.

Bad bad idea.

It tasted awful. I actually couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for hours. It took Listerine to get it to go away.

Anyways.
In more exciting news, I got a haircut yesterday!

It's amazing what a difference a haircut can make. Now that I'm an "adult" in theory, I can't just let my hair do what it may. I need to maintain it.
And let's be honest, I'm just a short-haired girl at heart.

Oh and that single serve cookie? Delicious.

Just make sure you don't use flour that's gone bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment