I've been meaning to post for like a week now.
I've also been meaning to start doing outfit photos again.
I've been meaning to do a lot lately.
But here's the thing. I'm no morning person. I can either make it to work on time or take outfit photos before work. What about after work you ask? Well. I could say that due to the heat wave we've been having by the time I walk home from work (yes I do that even in the heat. Yes I know it's stupid) I've melted into a puddle. I've actually significantly paired down my makeup, sticking to only tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip stain. Everything else seems to leave my face instantly anyways. So I figured why waste time, energy & product? Why not just do what of my makeup actually arrives at work with me?
But that's just an excuse. The truth is I just plain forget. I get home and I get all excited about working out and cooking the dinner I've been planning all day. Everything else just kind of goes out the window. The next thing I know I'm all sweaty post-workout and chopping veggies in the kitchen when it dawns on me that for the umpteenth day in a row I forgot to take outfit photos.
I know. I'm terrible.
I swear if my head wasn't firmly attached to my shoulders I would misplace it. I was going to say that I would lose it but that conjured up images of guillotines and the French Revolution, which is not the kind of losing your head I was going for.
Anyways.
My weight loss journey is going strong and I'm really proud of the progress I've been making lately. I'm officially down a full pants size! Most excitingly, I can finally fit back into the petite sizes at my favorite store. That feels amazing.
You see I've had these pants for a while now. Around 5 pairs to be exact. They were a little tight when initially purchased two years ago. I swore up and down that I would lose the weight and fit into them properly. But it didn't happen. Every time I've cleaned my closet out since then I've just kind of shuffled them around; I can't bear the thought of getting rid of pants that I never even wore. Especially dress pants.
Guess what?
They fit like a DREAM.
It may have taken two years to get here, but darnitall I did it.
You know what else?
This past weekend I normally would have binged. I went to the grocery store, fully intent on throwing a pity party for one, complete with chips, dip and oreos. As I stood there in front of the Oreos I realized that, well, I didn't actually want them. My nose wrinkled up and they just plain didn't seem worth it. I was wearing my size smaller pants and I realized that feeling healthy, not having to hide my stomach when I sat and having more energy all day was way better than anything in that package of Oreos. So I left without any chips, dip or sugary snack.
I've finally found freedom and boy do I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl!! Enjoy your freedom and keep going! Love you!
ReplyDelete