Monday, October 29, 2012

[waiting for sandy]

This morning I woke up, looked out the window and thought "it's just raining. This hurricane business isn't so bad!"

That's when it dawned on me: the hurricane hasn't actually hit yet.

I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about this storm.

At first I wasn't. At first I thought, "this isn't going to be a big deal." But last night the boardwalk in Ocean City was destroyed. Eight foot swells are expected.

Did I mention that the storm isn't here yet?

Needless to say I've been praying my butt off all morning. I've dealt with tornados and earthquakes, but never a hurricane.

A friend posted this Facebook status: "The good thing about this storm? Makes me remember what is important in life :)"

And she's absolutely right. Yes Sandy is a big storm, especially once she turns into Frankenstorm. But you know what? This is a new chance. This is a chance to reflect, to reorder priorities, and evaluate life.

Do I know how the next few days will play out? No, I don't.

But I do know this: I will be okay. No matter what, nothing will happen to me that is not in His plan. So I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to reflect and grow closer to Him.

3 comments:

  1. We're a accretion of volunteers and breach a new acclimation in our community. Your web website provided us with admired admonition to plan on. You acquire done a alarming job and our able affiliation is apprenticed to you. thanks!
    wholesale Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
    dome camera outdoor in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya!a!Nice work! I don't have any words to appreciate this post.I am really impressed.the person who created this post.
    Trebinje apartman

    ReplyDelete