Happy Hump Day everyone!!
I don't know about you but this Hump Day is off to a rocky start for me.
You see, Ginger is on the fritz. Apparently when I turned her back on after my flight landed at BWI on Monday, she decided that making sound was just not her thing anymore. She won't ring. She won't play music. She won't make any sort of sound at all. I took her to AT&T yesterday but all they did was shrug and say "I don't know. Take it to Apple." So Ginger and I are headed to Towson after work today.
Normally Ginger doubles as my alarm clock. With Ginger refusing to make any sound, I've been using the analog alarm clock I bought back when Ginger decided she'd rather stay ride around in a cab all day than come home with me. Everything went swimmingly on Tuesday. Everything fell apart this morning. I was all excited about getting up early to run. I set the time on my alarm clock and went to sleep.
This morning I woke up and it was strangely light outside. I looked at my alarm clock.
I had overslept.
Apparently I had forgotten to actually flip the switch to turn the alarm on when I had set it Tuesday night. Oops. Thankfully I had just enough time to eat a quick breakfast before getting ready for work.
Since oversleeping, I've managed to forget to put my rings or bracelet on, put my shoes on the wrong feet and spilled coffee on my shirt.
Fingers crossed the rest of this day goes in a slightly different direction!
My difficult morning is not the subject of this post. No, I actually wanted to tell you all about my wonderful weekend in the peach state!
Friday afternoon I left work a little early and headed to BWI. With the Grand Prix in town, getting anywhere was a nightmare. Thankfully I left in enough time to make it to the airport and grab some dinner before my flight. If I had left even twenty minutes later, it would have been a completely different story.
Saturday morning Mom and I woke up bright and early. Well, Kammie actually woke both of us up. Apparently she was soo excited that I was home, she decided that we both needed to get up super early. You see, Kammie won't get out of bed until she's sure Mom is awake. Having successfully awakened Mom, she was free to charge upstairs and wake me up. Kammie is half beagle, half Jack Russel terrier and all kinds of noisy. I heard her whining before she even made it into my room!!
Once we were both up and fed, Mom and I went for a walk. We walked 3.3 miles, chatting about life while we walked. I think walking is going to be a new tradition for us! I love spending time with Mom and getting some exercise in the process is the cherry on top of that delicious sundae.
While we were showering Dad came home. He works in Ohio currently and commutes back to Atlanta most weekends to spend time with Mom. With the three of us home and showered, it was time for lunch and errand running. I was so happy to spend the day with my parents! We're so rarely in the same place at the same time so any time we have together is precious to me. I wish Kara could have been there though. We'll all be together in Virginia in about two weeks though!
After a full day of running around town on Saturday, we curled up on the sofa to watch Animal House and catch up on college football highlights.
Sunday was a beautiful, beautiful day. Two of my dear friends got married! I was so beyond blessed to be able to attend the wedding and the reception. The ceremony itself was beautiful: Katy looked GORGEOUS and the whole ceremony was just so sweet and romantic. I love weddings. No matter the age of the couple, a wedding is a celebration of a new start. It's a day to celebrate love in all its forms.
After the wedding, we headed to the reception in a darling little cottage in old Roswell. We danced and laughed the night away. The reception was a total blast! There was food and wine, laughing and dancing. In other words, it was everything a wedding reception should be.
Sadly Monday I had to head back to Baltimore. I do love Maryland, but I hate leaving my family. Walking away at the airport always makes me so sad!
At the end of the day, I am so blessed to have the family and friends I do. Even more importantly, I was so blessed to be able to spend time with them last weekend. I can't wait for November and another dear friend's wedding!!
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment