I have a confession.
I'm having a rough time of it this morning.
I want to be at my goal weight.
I want to be farther along in my career.
I want to be earning more money.
I want so many things.
It all started this morning when I was reading through some of my favorite blogs. The blogger, a woman about my age, had a gorgeous figure and traveled around the world on a regular basis. Normally I love to read her blog and hear about her adventures.
But not this morning.
This morning I was overtaken by envy.
When's it my turn?
When will I have the money to travel? When will I finally be at my weight loss goal?
It's not fair. I've worked so hard.
But the truth is, I'm just starting out.
I just graduated in May.
I'm just a law clerk.
This is my first real job.
I just started to really eat healthy in May.
Life doesn't happen instantly. It's a process and these things take time.
So no, I'm not at any of my goals yet.
But that's okay. I have the entire rest of my life to get there. I don't know how long it's going to be, but I do know that whatever it's length, I will accomplish exactly what He wants me to accomplish. No more, no less. And that will be absolutely perfect. Until then, I'm going to focus on enjoying this ride instead of focusing on what I haven't done yet or how my life could be different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment