Heads up: today's post is rather picture heavy. In fact, I think today will be pretty much all pictures. On to the meals??
Breakfast: chocolatey pear ginger smoothie
Snack: whole wheat crackers with homemade olive spread (olive oil, garlic powder & olives), Laughing Cow wedge & grapes
Homemade salsa (recipe from here)
Lunch: healthier layered bean dip
After mass yesterday I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather. I wanted to go outside. Originally I thought I'll go down to the Inner Harbor which I love. Unfortunately, I tend to shop when at the Harbor. Given the uncertainty in my employment/financial future I was hesitant to do anything to tempt myself into spending money unnecessarily. Sure I love to shop but I'm saving up for once I drop a clothing size. In the mean time I avoid stores unless absolutely necessary to reduce temptation.
After much thought I settled on hopping the Light Rail out to Robert E. Lee Park and Roland Lake. Best decision I've made in a long time. It was beautiful out and clearly other Marylanders agreed since the park was crowded. It was the perfect amount of crowded: enough that I never felt alone but not so much that I was annoyed.
As you can tell, I'm not wearing the Easter dress. Silk dresses are not conducive to hanging out at the park, at least not with my budget. I guess if you have a Blair Waldorf budget that would be different. But real silk is a rare addition to my wardrobe. Plus it's just not as comfortable to go hiking around in a dress, heels and Spanx.
I loved the little dog park they had by the lake. If I had a dog I would definitely bring it here along with a tennis ball. I thought about entering the park but I thought that might be strange since I didn't know anyone in there and didn't have a dog with me. You can't tell from the photo but the dog area extends all the way down to the water and all the way up the hill behind me.
Like I mentioned this was my first time taking an outfit photo outside. And yes, you get some stares. Okay maybe lots of stares. It didn't help that I McGyver-ed my camera to the bench across from me. Since I was tripod-less I had to get super creative with holding my camera still on a slanted armrest without physically touching the camera myself.
Hopefully there will be more to come from the great outdoors, weather permitting!
Easter mass outfit: Banana Republic dress, Old Navy tank, Macy's belt, Forever 21 shrug, Dolce Vita heels, gifted jewelry
Park outfit: Talbots cords, LOFT top and sunglasses, Steve Madden flats








No comments:
Post a Comment