Earlier this semester I found out about the Air Force JAG corps. I went to an info session, I thought about joining. But then I decided my mom and sister were right: it was hard to picture me in the Air Force. So I got a normal job and pushed JAG to the back of my mind.
But then I came home for my final spring break and my mom started telling me about a friend's son who had considered the JAG. He was interested in international law as well. Then she said: "Why don't you do that?"
I did some research.
I thought about it some more.
I could do 4 1/2 weeks of physical training. It's not quite normal bootcamp; I'll be surrounded by fellow attorneys, doctors and chaplains.
I could live in Italy for two years. Or Portugal. Or Germany. Or South Korea. Or Japan. Or Turkey. I would be blissful there.
I could get a solid foundation and exposure to a broad range of legal areas.
I could start my international law career.
But there was a catch.
In order to be in the Air Force I have to meet certain height and weight requirements. I don't meet those requirements.
At least not yet. But I will.
So that's why I started this blog. You see I already have a regular blog where I talk about a range of issues. I wanted to keep the weight loss stuff separate though; that blog is more for keeping friends and family across the country up to date on what's going on in my life.
The Lighter Side of French Toast will be a weight loss blog with a little twist. I'll be taking outfit of the day photos throughout my journey to show my progress, combining fashion and weight loss. I won't be sharing my goal weight, my starting weight or any pounds lost. I will be sharing with you how I feel throughout my journey. I'll be sharing meals (but not recipes unless I created them myself).
I don't know if I'm going to apply for JAG. But I do know that I don't want to be limited by my weight again. So grab some french toast topped with strawberries instead of syrup and stay a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment